Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chapter Nine

Ryan was hanging her coat up on a hook beside his door when Kaylin slipped her arms around his waist; he could feel her breath on his neck, and it sent shivers down his body. He threw the deadbolt, lifted his arm and turned to face her. both his hands went to her waist, she touched his lips with her fingers, and brushed a kiss on his lips. His breathing was deep, trying to keep control of himself; his arms encircled her and pulled her up to him and he deepened the kiss, but he was cautious and careful to let her lead. They both sighed at the same time and she relaxed completely. Ryan released her mouth and let his lips slide down along her neck. There was another scar, running from behind her ear to the nape of her neck. He closed his eyes to it.

“Kaylin…” Ryan whispered soft along her ear, “I don’t want to do anything you aren’t ready for, but I don’t want you to leave either.” Kaylin smiled and took a step back, looking him up and down, her top teeth biting down on her lip. She knew he was nervous she would run out as she had the other night, and his sensitivity warmed her heart in much the same way his kisses warmed other parts of her. He leaned down to embrace her gently, she was expecting him to grab and kiss her, but instead he kissed her pulse point below her ear, then he drew his mouth up to her face again, lightly touching his lips to hers. The kiss was chaste and questioning, as she parted her lips and allowed him to continue. His hand slid behind her, urging her closer, but not insisting, and she stepped forward of her own accord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Kaylin,” Ryan crooned, “my God, Kaylin.” Their bodies were glistening with sweat and the sound of both their hearts racing thumped in their ears. “I don’t want to come off too strong, but I have never had sex like that in my life.”

She chuckled at him and turned her head to see his face. “Ditto,” she said, and immediately she realized it was true. There as a wave of sadness that washed over her and she turned her back to him, allowing him to spoon her. “You aren’t coming on too strong, Ryan. I don’t think you need to worry about that.”

He nuzzled his face into her hair and pulled her closer to him; he ran his fingers along the curve of her body. There was another long scar across her back, from her ribcage snaking its way to the base of her spine. Her body was scarred in the strangest ways and he would ask about them later, but for now his mind had set its course on something else.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve done this,” he paused a moment, trying to gather his thoughts. He felt foolish with what he was about to say, but the intensity of what had just occurred made him move forward in his thoughts, “I would like you to,”, “be my girl.” There was a pause and then they both cracked with laughter.

“Are you asking me to go steady?” she commented through her giggles. He tickled her sides and she jerked, and rolled to her back. He moved his body down and rested his chin on her stomach.

“Yeah. Yeah I am,” he said in all seriousness.

2 comments:

Sorshanik said...

The glistening bodies after sex was great. Nice classic love story touch. However, I'm not sure if I am upset that you did not write a full sex scene or glad you didn't get all naughty Harlequin on us.

And I thought when he asked her to be "be my girl" was so sweet. And I don't normally do sweet. But I like it.

7Cyns said...

Oh I originally wrote this scene as naughty as you can imagine, but thought it was too much. I save it, but I'll email it to you if you want. Heh.